Sunday, September 28, 2014

Happy Anniversary Mr. Law

Tomorrow, September 29, 2014, Ian and I will have been married for two years.  He jokes with me, "Two years already...eesh!" It makes me laugh, mostly as I reflect upon how it feels we've been together for a lifetime thus far.

Meeting him back in February 2009, I never pictured that this is where we'd have ended up: married, full-time parents to the little M, in a house of our own, looking forward to our baby, and truly happy with a myriad of other positive life changes under our relationship belt.

We started out as co-workers. After getting to know him a bit better, we became friends, and in time, confidantes of sorts. For the most part, I just loved being with him and wanted it to last as long as it could.  Honestly, I still feel that way today.

Although he teased and still teases me rather mercilessly, he has always made it known that he saw that I was more than the life I was settling for at the time.  He saw that I could be so much more and wondered why I was not meeting my potential.

He gave me the courage to see myself as he saw me. The belief and love he has for me still pushes me to be the most that I can be.  I like to think I have done and do the same for him. It was and is easy for me to see him, to love him and to back him up because I believe in him. 

Our mutual approbation came naturally. We both work to keep it that way. Peace...it is something we strive for and choose.  We have been blessed with the ability to maintain our "harmony bubble" even amidst the many difficulties we've faced together.

Are we perfect? Haha no, we've had our misunderstandings and stressed out times of miscommunication for sure. But at the end of the day, after facing some of our toughest moments, tenderness and togetherness have won. That is real love.  That is a miracle.

I'll post this tonight because when tomorrow comes, I'll be swept up in work and be very far from squishy, reflective, lovey memories.  I'm waiting for him to come home from his radio interview right now.  I can't wait to see him again. Happy anniversary tomorrow to you, my sweet husband. I love you :)

No comments: